Scottish Discovery Tour
24th & 25th March
A Taste of the South
The trip started with a mouth watering visit to The Cook School, Scotland. Located just 30 minutes from Glasgow and awarded 5 stars by VisitScotland, the cook school is a hive of activity with corporate events and private dining and provides over 20 exciting master classes delivered by some of Scotland’s most renowned chefs.
After lunch we headed south and visited the Robert Burns Birthplace Museum, once home to Scotland’s national poet. Officially opened in January the new museum not only houses some famous artefacts but plays hosts to a variety of events from meetings to receptions and of course Burns Suppers.
Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort was the final stop on day one, where we enjoyed the surroundings of 5-star comfort and service. Having recently completed a multi-million pound renovation, we savoured the experience of dining in the 1906 Restaurant with its spectacular views of Ailsa Craig and the Isle of Arran.
Next day we visited the spectacular Culzean Castle nestled on dramatic cliff tops. Dating back to 1590, the Castle is a Robert Adam masterpiece. Steeped in history the castle apartments were gifted to General Eisenhower for his contribution to the Second World War. The castle is now owned by The National Trust for Scotland, where today it is used for a variety of activities and events from concerts to ceilidhs.
Just minutes away from Royal Troon Golf Course, host to numerous Open Championships lies Lochgreen House Hotel, a lovingly restored mansion. Before dining in the award winning restaurant we had the opportunity to meet some feathered friends. Trying our hand at the mastered art of falconry in the fabulous manicured grounds.
The trip concluded with a visit to one of the region’s most impressive 5-star exclusive use venues Blair Estate. Home to the Blair family since 1105, the castle is the perfect location for private hospitality, executive corporate hospitality, private dining, golfing holidays, and film locations. Set within 400 acres of beautiful parkland and gardens it provides secluded privacy as one of Scotland's best kept secrets.
If you have any further queries regarding this familiarisation trip or any other information from the Southern region of Scotland, please contact Caroline Smith direct on 01292 616124 or email email@example.com
Take Me to...
- IMEX America October 2011
- IMEX 2012 - Frankfurt
- Scotland Means Business April 2011
- VisitScotland expo
- Events Archive
- EIBTM 2011
- Scotland Means Business November 2010
- Stirling University Demo Days
- A Festive Feast of Fife
- The Events Event
- Ambassador Festive Lunch
- EIBTM 2011
- International Confex 2011
- Sense of Scotland Showcase
- Scottish Summer Time June 2011
- Association Congress
- Square Meal Venues & Events 2011
- Scotland in Leeds 2012
- Scotland in Manchester
- Scotland in Dublin January 2012
- East Lothian and Borders Fam trip October 2011
- Perthshire Familiarisation Trip November 2011
- Scotland Means Business November 2011
- MEEDEX 2012
- Kingdom of Fife Fam Trip
- International Confex 2012
- Scotland on Tour 2012
- Buyer Networking Dinner
- Highland Ambassadors at Scottish Open
- Venues & Destinations Summit
- The Conference & Hospitality Show 2013
- EIBTM 2012
- A Christmas Celtic Connection
- Edinburgh Networking Dinner 2013
- International Confex 2013 Visitors
- Confex 2013
- EIBTM Barcelona 2013
- IMEX America 2013
- IMEX Frankfurt 2013
- Naturally Scotland 2013
- Scotland Means Business 2013
- M&I Europe 2013
- M&I USA 2013
- Scotland at IMEX Frankfurt 2013